Monday, November 14, 2011

I Wish We Could Be Friends


I wish we could be friends . . .

I wish I knew you
this side of





I wish we could sit
over a cup of tea
and catch up
on our day

I wish we could
share our thoughts
our fears
our visions
our lives

I wish we could be friends . . .

But wait!
We already are . . .
We are friends . . .
sharing our humor
our fears
our thoughts
and desires

For Marilyn and Keri and so many others, near and far, that I know best of all in the cyber world of connection, where time and distance are shrunk into manageable size and friends come in ways bidden and unbidden that I never expected.

Blessings on you all.


4 comments:

  1. One of the great things about blogging is that we can share our everyday thoughts with friends old and new. Its like a "virtual" cuppa!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I am in the dentist's chair, I pray prayers of thanks that I live in an age of novocaine and relatively painless procedures where my friends and I still have most of our teeth. It really helps to relieve my anxiety.

    ReplyDelete