Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In Transit


Jesus is risen; I’m in transit and all’s right with my world . . .

Yesterday was filled with random things dictated by luck, chance, the structure of the day, the agenda of the coming days and the whims of the moment – pretty much like any other day.

So a happy haircut in a nearby mall and a haircutter who would talk theology unknowingly to the two women ministers seated before him – the man had scissors in his hand, so I kept my own counsel – mostly.

Overpacked, I struggle to haul all the worldly goods that I cannot possibly live without for my time away, only to realize that I really could live without all of it.  Object lesson: in this life, carry not merely that which you can carry, but that which you want to carry.

Rhonda and I sit side by side on the couch, each with computer on our laps – friendship in the 2010's looks a wee bit different than it did back in the day – and so here we are, content to spend some random time together, collectively rearranging our blog layouts, listening to Rhonda’s giggling granddaughter, and enjoying this life in which our paths cross only briefly, but with such joy when they do.

May your own transits be blessed this day and always.

4 comments:

  1. I pray your time away will be filled with many blessings. I hope for your travels to be safe and yet filled with stories to share with others. May God continue to bless you and those who do your mission work.
    Love ya!
    Judy H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. And thank you and the congregations for making Benny, AnnaLee and I so welcome the other evening - it was a blessed time. Peace & hugs, Beth

      Delete
  2. It is a blessing to have this time with you!

    ReplyDelete