Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scotland -- Day Two


Rozelle House for lunch.  Beautiful grounds.  Tree so old and big that the multi-tonned sculptures around it look   merely temporary, a passing fancy in the grand design of things.

Currency exchanges negotiated, reminding me of the money changers in Iraq, so skilled in dealing with the cash economy of their time that you can scarce see the bills flying as they count, scarce hear the numbers as they rattle off, one after the other – they are never wrong.  The rarity of perfection – always amazing to me that I find it in the hands of the bankers.

Dinner with Zara and her friend Catherine, Liz, Idris and Catherine’s parents Anne and Graham.  Good food, good wine, good conversation and the fun of simply being in the presence of two teen-aged girls enjoying each other’s company and laughing at the joy of being alive in this now, right now, here now.

Walking home, Zara promises that I have been such a good guest that I can come along to visit with any of her pals – high praise, indeed – and I find myself laughing with the joy of being alive in this now, right now, here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment