Thursday, April 12, 2012

You'd Think


The first time I traveled to this land
of highlands and lowlands
and cathedrals rising,
it was raining . . . 
all-day. . . 
dreich, 
sigh-inspiring
raining

you’d think I’d never
been here before
the way I packed so many
light spring linens
and such

you’d think somewhere 
in the suitcase so overpacked
I have to sit on it to get it
closed enough to zip
I would have loaded up 
on sweaters 
and
not so much
on flip flops
and tank tops

You’d think I would
believe the weather reports
just this once . . . 

6 comments:

  1. OMG - we didn't teach you how to spell dreich??? It's an essential Scottish descriptor LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECTING NOWWWWWW!!!!!! SORRY SCOTTISH FRIENDS!!!!! MY BAD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe god wants you to buy a new sweater.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I buy a replacement sweater for the moth-eaten monster of Scottish wool I so love, I'll remember to thank God for ordaining my desire :-)

      Delete