Friday, May 18, 2012

ScotlandDay37: Changed Priorities



Isn’t that a great sign?

Imagine actually being told that your priorities will change in the immediacy of the time it takes you to travel 100 yards – the length of a football field (American football, that is)?

In light of such information, would you stop?  Take stock even if for a moment?  Turn around and head back the way you came?

Or would you just keep going, walking into your own life, your own future, into whatever changes were waiting to meet you?

Should life come with warning signs?

I kind of doubt it – after all, it often does, but they seem largely wasted on us, at least collectively.

So what did I do when faced with this portentous omen today?

I kept going forward, of course – smiling – but forward I went.

The sign was simply an advisory that we would soon come to a single-lane bridge in which the right-of-way was specified – in my favor, which left me wondering why it was that I would need to know about the priority change for the folks coming in the opposite direction.

Nevertheless, I appreciated the heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment