Sunday, July 22, 2012

Christmas in July


Retailers apparently started the phenomena of ‘Christmas in July’ as a sales pitch, offering the so-called once-in-a-lifetime great deal.  They have no idea how true their words actually are, for Christmas, the inbreaking of the Incarnate God, Jesus the Christ, into the world is indeed a once-in-a-lifetime great deal.

So for a bit of fun and lighthearted celebration of our Lord, at the church and chapel I pastor, we will celebrate in what I hope is a fitting fashion by enjoying once again Chocolate Communion.

Earlier this week, I entertained the women of the church at my home with an afternoon high tea.  The best china, fine linens, finger sandwiches and cute desserts, along with nice teas, were the order of the day.  My house was dressed better than I was.

As gratifying as the appreciations and thanks of my older gal pals were, it was Kelly’s face lit up, asking if I did this often, that warmed my heart the most.

Putting out our best for others is a task easily forgotten but well worth the effort, the call.

After all, isn’t that what Jesus did for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment