Sunday, December 30, 2012

My 2012 YouTube Favs


They may not have come out in 2012.  But they came to me this year – and gave me humor and every now and then, something more.

So without further ado, my own personal 2012 YouTube Favs list:

1. Anything Monty Python – you have to like that sort of thing, but if you do, no one does it better.


2.  Google Squirrel +Allan – it’s not really a squirrel, but enough googling folk think so that it’s an easy way to get to this, my current fav from the British Walk on the Wild Side.  This is so funny it makes me giddy to watch – I’ve seen it so often it’s become a classic (to my mind, anyhow).






3. Ben Aaron - the holiday sweater craft show, I predict, will become classic – like the logs in the fireplace static television pic so popular in NYC, nothing says Christmas quite like a Christmas sweater (especially one with plastic angels as epulets).





4. Flash mobs - anywhere/anytime, but especially the Food Court performance of the Hallelujah Chorus – taking the Hallelujah Chorus and asking, fries with that? brings it all to the next level – the next level of what I’m not sure of, but it’s definitely the next level.



5. Leonard Cohen’s Anthem – my one and only serious one.  Hat’s off, Mr. Cohen, hat’s off.











Thank you YouTube contributors of the world for sharing your humor, your wisdom, your talent, your sense of fun, with the rest of us.  And keep those holiday sweaters coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment