Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nowhere Bridges & Felled Trees


Friend Liz has a wonderful post (Journalling) – Mary’s yes.

In the wee hours, I am thinking, may Mary’s yes be ours as well.

And I am struck by her visual – a bridge of steps over a fallen tree.

Because, you see, fallen trees must be navigated.

Navigation, depending upon the imagination, does not require destruction.

And so the tree lies and the step-bridge accommodates and all is well.

I love nowhere bridges, don’t you?

So today I vow to navigate the fallen trees along the path

I vow to give the fallen trees their place on my path

even as they yield a place along their path to me

Peace – my yes to the importance of trees felled and paths shared

4 comments:

  1. Tis the season all bright and wild, if Mary had been filled with reason, there would have been on room for the Child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pic too. Next time you're here...a new adventure for us!

    ReplyDelete