Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Top Ten Top Ten Lists I Never Want to Know


1. 10 Best Eminem Songs - still think that last year’s Superbowl ad Imported from Detroit was the best ever and loved Eminem in it, but beyond that, I’ve got no brain cells to give to his cause
2. 10 Worst FB conversations - I can only imagine - sigh.
3. 10 Top Paid NFL Coaches of 2012 - I just don’t care to know and I suspect the true top 10 best coaches are largely unknown to the internet, working away with local T-ball, soccer and other small-fry endeavors
4. Top 10 The-World-Will-End-On Lists - they haven’t been right yet, so why should I listen?  Besides, that's the kind of event that (a) I should be ready for all the time, as my world may end at any time, well ahead of your schedule; and (b) I'd just as soon news like that be a surprise
5. Top Ten Golf Players to Watch - I can’t stay awake that long - sorry
6. Top Ten Albums of 2012 - just reminds me how old I am, as I undoubtedly will not have heard of any of them
7. Top Ten Games of 2012 - referring, no doubt, to computer games - in addition to the rationale in #6, just makes me sad to think on how much time we waste that could be dedicated to so much more important work and I'm still reeling from my grandson teaching me to play 'Shark', where the object is to have the shark eat as many swimmers, a la Jaws, as possible, with the attendant blood and gore graphics.  He is 5.
8. Top Ten American Idols - I’m just not into any idols, American or otherwise
9. Top Ten News Stories of 2012 - they will undoubtedly be bad news stories - I lived through them at the time and have no need to revisit all the world’s bad news.  Not a Pollyanna, but really, isn’t it a bit like slowing down to look at a car wreck?  I can be glad I’m alive for many more reasons than that you’re not.
10. Top Ten Rich Celebrities of the World - not begrudging, but really, is that an aspirational goal of which to be proud?  And why would I care?  It’s not likely I’m going to marry one of them.

NOTE:  All of the above with the exception (to my knowledge) of #4, may be found handily on line should you care to know them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Beth.. Here is a list I think you'll agree with!
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y

    You are at the top of my list of blogs I love to read.

    Blessings,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn - no fair! Buzz Feed list had me bawling like a baby! Loved them all. And thank you so much for reading and sharing. Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew those would touch your heart. The man who takes his arthritic dog into the water for relief of pain does this every morning. Glad you appreciated all of them as I did.

    ReplyDelete