Monday, August 19, 2013

A Feast of Kept Promises

Psalm 50 (The Message) reads in verse 14 one of the most beautiful statements of what humanity has to offer God that I’ve ever read: . . . serve High God a feast of kept promises.

I’m having friends to dinner this coming Sunday and a proper dinner party it will be, with many courses and much time spent in the choosing of the menu and the preparation of the food.

I wonder what my friendships would look like if I spent this much time and effort taking care of them every day?

And I wonder what my life with God would be like if I understood every word that came from my mouth to be a God offering?

If I dedicated every moment to keeping promises to God?

I wonder how much more joy-filled I would be if I truly understood my life as a feast of kept promises to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment