Saturday, November 16, 2013

About Time

Yesterday I went to see the movie About Time.  I’m not much of a sentimentalist (or maybe I am), but I have always enjoyed and come back to Richard Curtis’ movies (Love Actually and Nottinghill, for example) simply because they’re simply because.


In their simplicity, I find elegance and safety for the exploration of those feelings that poke hard at the heart – love and loss, time passing, chances taken and chances missed – in other words, life in the ordinary trenches rather than the war-gouged ones.  I like that.

So I give About Time a thumbs up, taking away some thoughtful reflection on things that really do matter. . .

About time . . . about second chances . . . remembering that no choice is consequence free . . . coming to the place where there is no turning back . . . making room for the generations . . . the face of grief . . . rewriting the script of our lives if we but could . . . allowing others to live their lives unimpeded by our best intentions . . . learning and relearning that life goes on – and that it should . . . certain days in our lives really were magic . . . even things ‘meant to be’ require work and effort in order to be . . . being alive is being aware . . . there is laughter even in rain . . . who or what is best for us is not always obvious to us . . . the best days are the days you know you’re loved and you love . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting some kind of information. It was really helpful since I am doing some research now.

    Kendra
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog seems so interesting. I'm looking forward to read more about your blog. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    jane

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete